● England have won seven of their last nine meetings with Wales (L2), however, each of their last six victories in that run have come by margins of six points or fewer.
● Wales have won each of their last two home games against England after losing three of their previous four(W1).
● Three of the last four meetings between these two sides in Wales have been won by the side who trailed at halftime.
● Wales have lost their opening two matches of this year’s championship, only twice before have they opened with three straight defeats – 2003 and 2007.
● England’s last three victories in the Six Nations have all come after keeping their opponents scoreless in the first-half (v Italy in 2023, v Italy and Wales in 2022)
● No other nation has kept their opponents score less in the first 40 minutes of a match more than once in the championship since the beginning of 2022.
● England (9/9) and Wales (6/6) are two of the three teams to record a 100% scrum success rate (alsoFrance3/3), while only Scotland (97%) have recorded a better lineout success rate than England (95%).
● England (65%) and Wales (55%) are two of the three teams to have recorded over 50% territory (also Ireland 58%) and have made the most 22 entries of any team as a result (both 12.0 per game).
● England have gained 54 metres from their maul, almost twice as many as the next best
● England (2) and Wales (1) are two of just three teams to score a try directly from their maul (also Italy,1).
● Wales have made the most dominant tackles of any team (30); individually, three of the seven players to make 4+ dominant tackles ae set to feature today – Welsh duo Josh Adams and Ken Owens (4 each) and England’s Lewis Ludlam (also 4).
● England’s Lewis Ludlam has committed two or more tacklers from 73% of his carries, the highest rate of the 21 players to make 20+ carries, while Ellis Genge has committed three or more tacklers from 19% of his carries, also the best such rate.
● England’s Alex Dombrandt has made more effective contributions at defensive rucks than any other player (7), winning two jackal turnovers and slowing down a further five rucks.